Okay, so today I had a client call with a problem that should have been obvious, but wasn’t. Seems one of her users had reset her Google Apps password, and now the Outlook Sync Tool (GAOST) wasn’t working anymore. Further, there didn’t seem to be any way to reset that password – at least, nothing was prompting for it. Further, I couldn’t find anything on the Internet about how to fix this issue, so here it is:
- Close Outlook.
- Click: Start | All Programs | Google Apps Sync | Delete Saved Google Apps Password.
- Identify the profile you want to change and click Delete Stored Password. Then click OK when it tells you it’s been done.
- Close the application. You can click Cancel if you like – it doesn’t matter.
- Start Outlook (and make sure you’re using the correct profile, if prompted).
- A window should pop up giving you the opportunity to enter the new password. If so, do so, and click the Remember This Password box. If it doesn’t pop up… (and this was our issue today…)
- Check to see whether Outlook says “Offline” in the lower right corner. It probably does. Either way, check the File menu, and look for whether there is a check-mark next to “Working Offline”. If there is, click it to turn it off. If you don’t see “Working Offline,” you might need to click the double-down-arrow button which shows the options you haven’t used recently.
- Restart Outlook.
That’s it. Hope this helps someone else.