Do your workers struggle to keep all of the windows they need open while getting their work done? Do your employees need access to multiple programs at once? Dual monitors are a great solution for this issue, but they aren’t without their own issues. What are some of the pros and cons of using dual monitors in your office?
The Advantages of Dual Monitors
Dual monitors offer many benefits to users who need to get a lot done at the same time while using many programs, including:
- Dramatically increasing productivity by decreasing the amount of time they need to spend clicking from program to program or window to window
- Many employees need to use many things at the same time as part of their natural workflow, including web designers and programmers. Flipping back and forth between programs isn’t an option for some fields of work, so dual monitors become a necessity.
- Keeping email clients and social media up on one monitor so that employees can stay wired to what’s happening elsewhere in the office while also doing their work
- Dual monitors work very easily with laptops, as they allow employees to move throughout the office with one screen and use the second monitor elsewhere
- Dual monitors can allow workers to video chat at the same time that they are working on another problem or issue
The Disadvantages of Dual Monitors
While dual monitors offer many benefits, they don’t exist without a few drawbacks, including:
- There are more chances for distraction with dual monitors
- Dual monitors can take up a huge amount of space on a small desk, leaving space for little else
- Dual monitors cost more than single computers, since you need to purchase an extra monitor for every desktop computer
Working Nets Can Help You With Your IT & Security Needs
Working Nets is IT without the ego. We offer technological help and top-notch service without making you feel out of the loop or left behind. Even today’s top technology professionals still have issues with their gadgets and software sometimes, so don’t be afraid to ask for help if and when you need it! Our specialty is helping you understand the pieces of technology you use in simple ways. By outsourcing your information technology to us (and letting us do the network design planning), we will make sure that your company is up to date and safe, because technology never sleeps. Interested in finding out more about our services? Give us a call at (443) 992-7394 or visit us online. For more technology tips, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.