When it comes to network design and configuration for a small business, it all can seem overwhelming. However, if you keep these small business network design tips from Working Nets in mind, your small business network will be off the ground in no time! Read More
In a world that’s increasingly dependent on technology and in a global economy that offers no “time-outs” for technical problems, a significant IT problem can cost thousands, even millions, of dollars. That’s why it’s important to entrust your business IT needs to a company with experience and training. But, it also pays to know how to fix small problems yourself. Working Nets, your Maryland business IT provider, is here with a few basic troubleshooting tips to help you easily manage small IT crisis.
Check Those Cables
The vast majority of simple IT or computer problems that Maryland businesses face are related to bad connections. Your average business computer system has a bevy of cables, wires, and plugs, each of which must be appropriately connected for the system to function correctly. An easy IT troubleshooting first step is to make sure everything’s plugged in where it’s supposed to.
Isolate and Identify
The most helpful information when solving an IT problem is knowing where exactly the trouble lies. Do your best to isolate a problem and find out exactly what isn’t working. For example, if your mouse cursor won’t respond, try to figure out if the problem is with your computer or the physical mouse by trying alternate mice, attempting to use the keyboard to navigate, or using the mouse on a different service. Make one change at a time to determine what’s causing the problem. Even if you can’t fix it, this information saves Maryland IT troubleshooting professionals valuable time.
Record, Record, Record
Make sure to write down all the steps you’ve taken trying to fix the problem, writing down as much information as possible. If your computer displays an error message make sure to copy all the information it displays. Knowing what steps you’ve taken and the various error codes displayed will help an IT troubleshooting professional fix the problem speedily.
Need Professional IT Troubleshooting?
Contact Working Nets. Doing all of your IT troubleshooting, management, repair, and maintenance in-house can be expensive and time-consuming. Outsourcing your IT can give you the peace of mind that your business’s IT needs are all taken care of, and allow you to focus on the things that are important for your company. Working Nets is a Maryland based IT Service and Security company that services small businesses nationwide. We’re always on top of emerging cyber security trends and threats so you don’t have to be.
To talk to someone about managed IT for your business, give us a call at (443) 992-7394. We’d be happy to assist you with your professional business networking needs.
Handling IT can be a hassle for any business. Managing network setup, company email servers, and purchasing the right equipment can be a struggle. And it’s a necessary struggle. In the increasingly digital era we live in, it’s impossible to stay competitive without trying to leverage technology for your business’s benefit. But how can a small business keep up with ever changing technology without diverting manpower away from their day-to-day activities? The answer is easy. Managed services. Managed services is the practice of outsourcing IT setup and supervision to a company that’s dedicated to making sure that you can rely on your technology without worrying about it. WorkingNets is here with the top 5 benefits to using managed services for your small businesses IT needs.
- Control IT Costs: One of the biggest benefits of using managed services for your small business’s IT is that it converts a variable cost into a fixed rate. While taking care of IT yourself is theoretically cheaper (in some cases) that’s assuming you never mess up, or that there’s never a problem you can’t handle. Then it’s anybody’s guess as to how much money will be wasted in lost efficiency and manpower. Using managed services guarantees constant IT functionality at a flat rate.
- Stay Competitive: Not only does employing managed services for your small business IT needs improve your efficiency; it also ensures that you’ll constantly be using the latest technologies at their maximum potential, often without even realizing it.
- Focus Your Business: Managed services can help you drastically cut down on excess and refocus your business on what you started it to be. With IT management taken care of you won’t have to dedicate employees to taking care of tasks that they may be untrained for, and you won’t have to waste time on anything outside of doing what you do best.
- Reduce Risk: Hiring an outside firm for IT managed services substantially lowers your risk. Not only does it greatly reduce the odds you’ll ever be disconnected from the outside world, but it also ensures you won’t waste money on risky or uninformed IT purchases, and better protects you from malicious hackers and scammers.
- Protects You and Your Clients: Hiring an IT firm to provide your small business with managed services means that you won’t have to worry about stolen company information, credit card numbers, email accounts, and the like. IT managed services will guarantee that you’ve got the latest attestall, DMZ, PCI Security Standards, and more at your back, making sure that you and your customers feel safe.
Interested In IT Managed Services for Your Small Business?
At WorkingNets, we provide managed services to hundreds of small businesses around the country. We employ only experienced tech professionals with insight into the latest emerging business technologies and risks, to ensure your IT is always working for you, never against. To talk to someone about managed services for your small business, give us a call at (443) 992-7394. We’d be happy to assist you with your professional business networking needs.